The American Corners Skopje, Stip and Struga are looking for 30 of the country’s Top Young Leaders to further their development at the ACS ( Skopje, Stip & Struga) *Invest in Your Future* Youth Retreat from June 29-July 2 at Hotel Solferino in Struga, Macedonia.
Attendance at the camp is completely free of charge and includes all accommodation, workshops, meals and transportation.
***The application deadline is June 20th, 2012.***
What is the *Invest in Your Future” Youth Retreat 2012?
- The “Invest in Your Future“ Retreat will focus on youth empowerment through creative and versatile activities. The workshops will cover project design and management, leadership, organization of events, online activism & podcasting, creative expression and healthy living through physical activities.
- 30 young people from across the country will gather at the Solferino Resort in Struga for four action-packed days from June 29-July 2, 2012 (see more about the hotel here: www.skopje-redcross.org.mk/czer_struga.htm)
- The camp will be entirely run in English and focuses on the development of leadership & life-skills through diverse workshops, sports, team building games, offering a good blend of practical and theory.
To be eligible, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in I-IV year high school in the Fall 2012
- Be open to new things and willing to work in multi-ethnic environment
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to developing your leadership skills & life skills and experience
- Be proficient in English.
The Camp will be run by the staff from American Corners Skopje, Stip & Struga, U.S Peace Corps Volunteers and will include U.S. Diplomats as guest speakers. The programme itself offers a range of leadership & life-skill activities and workshops, as well as an opportunity for creative expression. There is also time built in for relaxation, games and evening social activities, co-ordinated by trained staff.
What you get out of this camp?
- You will learn new skills and work in a multi-cultural environment,
- Be part of a project that will really make a difference,
- Meet new friends and broaden your horizons, and
- Spend 4 days in a great hotel in the beautiful Struga, with great people. ALL EXPENCES PAID!
Find the application link on AC Skopje, AC Struga or AC Stip facebook page,
Fill it & submit it NO LATER THAN June 20, 2012.
Selected candidates will be announced on June 25. ( Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a brief interview (in English) either in person or by phone.)
Good Luck! :-)
Find the application on the following link: