CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
STUDY OF THE UNITED STATES INSTITUTES, FY-11
The Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) is sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). Scholar Institutes are designed to strengthen curricula and improve the quality of teaching about the United States overseas.
Application deadline: October 31, 2010.
INSTITUTE DESCRIPTION: Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) are intensive post-graduate level academic programs with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars with the opportunity to deepen their understanding of American society, culture and institutions. These Institutes host multinational groups of university faculty or secondary school educators. Each Institute is thematically focused on a field or topic of U.S. studies. Participants interact with American scholars, meet with experts in their disciplines, visit civic institutions, and explore the diversity and culture of the United States.
The ultimate goal is to strengthen curricula and to improve the quality of teaching about the United States in academic institutions abroad.
- The Institute on U.S. Culture and Society
- The Institute on American Politics and Political Thought
- The Institute on Contemporary American Literature
- The Institute on U.S. Foreign Policy
- The Institute on Journalism and Media
- The Institute on Religious Pluralism in the United States
- The Institute for Secondary School Educators
For information about this program and others, please visit the website of the http://exchanges.state.gov/academicexchanges/scholars.html