World AIDS Day
December 1, 2008
Worldwide the estimated number of people living with HIV is over 33 million.
An estimated one million Americans are living with HIV.
WAYS YOU CAN TAKE ACTION:
- Join the “Facing AIDS: World AIDS Day 2008” Campaign
- In four easy steps, you can help reduce the stigma around HIV/AIDS:
- Take a picture of yourself wearing a red ribbon. Be creative!
- Add the photo to your social network profiles, Twitter, blog, and/or website before December 1. Leave it up for at least a week.
- Add your photo to the “World AIDS Day 08” Flickr group!
- Encourage your friends to do the same and to promote HIV testing!